How to Shop
From the product detail page, select your size and color, then click the Add to Basket button.
Placing an Order
When you add an item to your cart, you will be prompted to either Continue Shopping or View Cart & Check Out. If you click Check Out, you will be brought to your cart. You can also view your cart by clicking Basket at the top of the screen.
From your cart, you can:
- If you're buying a bike, select your shipping preference such as Ready to Ride, Find Your Own Mechanic, or Store Pickup.
- Remove an item from your cart.
- Apply promotional codes/coupons.
- Items will be saved in your cart, but merchandise availability is not guaranteed.
In an effort to protect our valued customers, all orders are subject to verification. Should you receive a verification e-mail, please call our customer service team at 1-888-450-0123. In the unlikely event that you do not reach one of our associates, kindly leave a voice mail authorizing your order with your first/last name, billing information, as well as your order number. This call takes only a minute or so and will serve as verification of your order. If our team does not hear from you within 2 days, your order may be canceled.
Customers are welcomed to change or cancel an order prior to shipment, which is usually within 24 hours of placing the order. Kindly email us at email@example.com or call our customer service line at 1-888-450-0123 to modify your order. We’re unable to make any changes to an order after the item(s) is shipped.
When you are ready to purchase the items in your cart, click the View Cart & Checkout button. If you do not already have an account with us, you will need to create one or check-out as Guest.
Checkout involves 4 simple steps: Shipping, Delivery, Payment, and Confirm Order.
- Choose Shipping, you will prompted to enter your shipping address.
- Choose Delivery Method, you will prompted to select or confirm your preferred delivery method.
- Choose Payment Method, you will be prompted to enter payment information and billing address. You may also enter a gift certificate and/or a promotional code at this step.
- Review Your Order, kindly review and ensure all information is correct and then click the Place Order button.
Please note: Although we make every effort to keep sufficient stock of items listed, occasionally we do sell out of certain products. If we are out of stock on an item that you've ordered, we will notify you via email. Any changes will be reflected in your order total as well as in your shipping confirmation. The merchandise sold on our site is intended for personal use only, not for resale. We reserve the right to cancel orders that appear to be for resale purposes.
Delivery & Shipping
Shipping Options for Bikes (Continental US ONLY)
- Ready to Ride shipping. With Ready to Ride shipping, the bicycle is delivered directly to you and arrives 99% assembled, within 7-10 business days, depending on where you live. All you need to do is unwrap the bike, complete a few simple assembly steps, and be riding in less than 10 minutes. Ready to Ride shipping is also our recommended solution for gift purchases to be sent anywhere in the contiguous US for a flat fee of $99 per bike. Due to extra weight and dimensions, electric bikes ship Ready to Ride for $325.
- Find Your Own Mechanic. You'll receive a partially assembled bike packed in a smaller factory box that was fine-tuned by our mechanics. This option is not for novices. It will not include instructions or specialized tools needed for the complicated process of building a bike for safe riding. You will need to contact a reputable bike shop in your area to schedule an appointment for their mechanics to build and tune the bike. If you run into problems with your bike down the road, we are only able to assist you if you can provide documentation that your bike was professionally assembled in a certified bike shop. PUBLIC is not responsible for any damage, failures, or injuries caused by bicycles that were not professionally assembled. The cost for this method is FREE.
- Partner Pickup. PUBLIC stores and Assembly Partners can receive most PUBLIC bikes ordered online from us and will professionally assemble and tune your PUBLIC bike. The participating store or partner will notify you when your bike is fully assembled and ready for pick-up. You will also receive a walk-through and basic fitting upon pick up. Due to limited storage space, orders not picked up within 14 days of receiving notification that your order is ready may incur additional storage charges. Orders not picked up within 30 days will be canceled and returned. Please contact us before ordering to make arrangements if you need to pickup your order at a later date. The cost for this method is $50 per bike.
- Need it now? Call any of our Showroom Partners stores to see if we have your items in stock. If one of our stores has what you're looking for, you can place an order with them over the phone.
Shipping Options for Accessories
We ship via UPS. Signature is required. Currently we only ship to the continental US. If you live near a PUBLIC store and your order total is over $100, you can place an order online to pickup in store. We will call you when your order is ready for pick-up. Please pickup your online order within 7 days. Due to limited storage space, orders not picked up within 14 days will incur additional storage charges. Orders not picked up within 30 days will be canceled and returned. Please contact us before ordering to make arrangements if you need to pickup your order at a later date.
| METHOD || EXPECTED ARRIVAL |
| Standard Ground || 7-10 business days |
| UPS 3-Day Select || 3 business days + 1 day for processing |
| UPS 2-Day Air || 2 business days + 1 day for processing |
| UPS Next Day Air Saver || 1 business day + 1 day for processing |
Do You Ship Internationally?
At this time, we are only able to ship within the continental United States at the advertised shipping rates. If you have a friend or relative with a U.S. shipping address, we can ship there, however, you must pick it up and take care of all requisite duty and tax. If you live outside of the continental US and would like to placed an order, please contact our Customer Support team directly at 888.450.0123 for an accurate shipping quote.
We accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Do you collect sales tax?
Taxes are calculated for each shipping address total based on the state to which the order is shipped. We currently collect state and local sales tax in California and Washington state only.
We offer a “Love at First Ride” Guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with any item, simply return it to us within 14 days of delivery for an exchange or refund (less shipping and assembly costs). If your bike or gear is returned in new condition without scratches or marks on the frame, we will provide a full refund. If we cannot resell your bike or gear at full retail value, we will provide partial refund based on the market value of the returned bike or gear. Please make sure to package your order as it was packaged when it arrived to you, in order to avoid any shipping damage. You will need to pay for the cost of return shipping, but we will gladly ship any exchanged merchandise free of charge. Once we receive and process your return, we will refund the purchase amount to the original form of payment or apply the appropriate credit to an exchange. This could take 1-2 weeks. Online returns and exchanges couldn't be easier - submit your online Return Form HERE and a PUBLIC team member will be in contact with you shortly.
Promotions are subject to changes. Exclusions may apply. Sale quantities are limited. Promotions and sale pricing not valid on previous purchases, gift cards, taxes, shipping or processing charges, and may not be combined with any other coupons, discounts or offers. Promotions are subject to change at any time and advertised shipping fees are applicable to delivery address within the continental US ONLY.